My husband and I ate this at the Olive Garden a few months ago and it was fabulous. I decided to go home and figure out how to make it myself. Here it is. It’s really not too difficult and it will fill your tastebuds with satisfaction. Try it out!
2 lbs. chicken breasts
1 package fresh sliced mushrooms
1 tspn. minced garlic
1 small onion, chopped
2 tblspn. diced tomatoes
24 oz. Marsala wine
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 tspn pepper
8 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
8 oz heavy cream
3/4 cup parmesan cheese
1/3 cup sour cream
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1. Saute onions and mushrooms in olive oil until tender.
2. Add cream and wine to mushrooms and onions, simmer, while preparing the chicken, until desired thickness. Add salt and pepper to taste.
3. Slice all chicken breasts in half and open to look like a butterfly.
4. Use meat mallet to thin out the chicken.
5. Mix together sour cream, mozzarella, parmesan, garlic, tomatoes, salt and pepper in bowl.
6. Spoon sour cream mixture onto one side of butterflied chicken. Fold other side over.
7. Heat oil in pan.
8. Carefully place chicken into pan, cook both sides unil golden. Place on oven sheet.
9. Bake in pre-heated oven for 10-20 minutes. Bake until juices run clear and/or stuffing in center reach a temperature of at least 165°.
10. Serve sauce over top of baked chicken. Delicioso!
11. Serve along side a salad, pasta, mashed potatoes, green beans, or even boiled and mashed cauliflower. Pour the sauce over the cauliflower and it is wonderful. My family couldn’t even tell that they weren’t potatoes.