Who knows how to be ready for a new mortgage?
Here are some tips.
Your goals are to have good credit, low debt, a steady job and a history of bills being paid on time.
How do you do that?
1. Get a free copy of your credit report, look it over and fix any errors that are on it. This will help raise your credit score. (Go to FreeCreditReport.com for a once-a-year free copy of your credit report, view it online, print it, or request a paper copy.)
2. Reduce any high balances on credit cards. For example, if you have a $500 credit card and you owe $479 on it, pay it down. Pay it down to $200 or less. This will help raise your credit score.
3. If you are behind on any bills, get current and stay that way. Make it a point to pay your bills on time every time. You may have to give up your favorite restaurants for a month to get caught up and stay that way. (See DaveRamsey.com for more help with this.)
4. If you have a Credit Freeze, remove it permanently, until you have purchased your new home. The Credit Freeze lowers your credit score dramatically. Removing the Credit Freeze will raise your credit score drastically!
5. Even if you are Debt Free, get a $500 credit card (Joint card if married) and DO NOT USE IT. Just put it away and let it show that you have unused debt. This will help raise your credit score as well.
Don’t forget. Call me when you need to SELL your house! Daiquiri Beebe-The Huntsville Realtor with Texas Home Group Realtors at 936-870-5276.