A very kid-friendly, healthy recipe. I serve it all by itself, no sides necessary.
1 head cabbage
2 lbs. ground beef (venison)
1/2 tspn. garlic powder
1/2 tspn. salt
1/2 tspn. pepper
32 oz. can tomato sauce
1 sweet onion diced
1/2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tablespoon Sweetener (sugar, stevia)
12 oz. frozen cauliflower
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1. Boil Large Pot of water, enough to cover the cabbage.
2. Saute onions in olive oil until tender.
3. Add tomato sauce, garlic powder, black pepper, salt, Worcestershire sauce and sweetener.
4. Boil cauliflower in water until tender. Drain water, mash in large bowl.
5. Cut cabbage in half. Slice out stem (white part). Boil in water for 7 minutes.
6. Combine ground beef with cauliflower, eggs and 1/2 cup tomato sauce.
7. When cabbage leaves are tender, roll meat mixture into cabbage.
8. Spread a small amount of tomato sauce in bottom of 9 x 13 baking dish. Put rolls in pan.
8. Pour remaining tomato sauce over top. Bake for 1 hour.