Bacon, cooked and torn into small pieces
Boiled eggs chopped
Black Olives, sliced
Fresh Cilantro chopped
Green Leaf Lettuce
Favorite dressing, blue cheese, ranch, vinaigrette, etc.
Mmmm. What a great salad! The cilantro gives it a kick and you can send the flavor any direction, based on the salad dressing you choose. Sweet, tangy, creamy.
2- 12 oz. packages frozen cauliflower
1 tablespoon fresh rosemary diced
Salt and pepper to taste
2 beef bouillon cubes (enough for 4 cups broth)
3 cups water
1 onion, chopped
2 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon garlic, minced
1 tspn. stevia
Cayenne pepper, to taste (optional, gives it a little kick)
1. Saute onions and cauliflower in pan with olive oil, until cauliflower can be mashed with a potato masher.
2. Add garlic, stevia and butter to pan and stir until butter is melted.
3. In soup pot, put in 2 beef bouillon cubes, rosemary and water. Bring to a boil and stir to dissolve the cubes.
4. Add heavy cream.
5. Add vegetables and stir. Bring to a boil.
6. Simmer for 20 minutes or longer to allow flavors to blend.
Dry beans are a challenge for me. This is my method for making them nice and soft in the recipe. You will need to start this recipe 2 nights before you plan to eat the beans.
1 lb. dry pinto beans, soaked in water overnight, and cooked in crock-pot on low all day. then drained.
1 lb. raw bacon cut into small pieces, I use scissors.
1 bunch of cilantro, chopped
1 red onion, chopped
3 chopped tomatoes
1 bay leaf
1/2 tspn. dried parsley
2 beef bouillon cubes
1. Turn on slow cooker to low.
2. Put the pre-cooked, drained pinto beans into the slow cooker.
3. Put in all remaining ingredients, except water.
4. Pour in enough water to cover ingredients, with about 1/2 inch of water above them.
5. Cook on low for 8 hours or high for 6 hours or less.
6. Serve in a bowl. Delicious!
1 package of bacon, cooked
12 oz. frozen cauliflower
12 oz. frozen brocolli
3 cups cream
4 cups water or chicken broth
4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 tspn. garlic powder
1 tspn. onion powder
1/4 tspn. seasoning salt
1/8 tspn. pepper
2 chicken bouillon cubes (enough for 4 cups of water)
Put bacon, cauliflower, brocolli, chicken broth, garlic, onion, salt, pepper and bouillon cubes and cream in the crock pot. Let cook. Just before you are ready to eat, put the cheese in and wait for it to melt.
Delicious. Serve with a salad on the side.
Wow, this is awesome!
Huntsville Memorial Hospital is offering Zumba classes and Pilates classes every week for Huntsvillians.
Your first class of each one is free! After that, each class is $5, or $45 for 10 classes.
Zumba classes are on Monday at 5:30 pm. (See “Dance Fitness Class” on registration page.) These classes are held in the HMH Conference Rooms at 110 Memorial Hospital Drive, Huntsville.
Pilates classes are on Wednesdays at 5:30 pm. They are held at the HMH Center for Rehabilitation, located at 125A Medical Park Ln, Huntsville.
Go to this link to register, http://www.huntsvillememorial.com/content/calendar/?id=30
I love these. So delectable! The family gobbled them down!
2 cups Almond Flour
1/2 cup (1 stick) melted & browned Butter (not burnt), then cooled for 5 minutes or less
1/2 cup Dark Chocolate Chips (60%)
2 tablespoons Coconut Sugar
1 tablespoon Honey
1 teaspoon Vanilla
1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 9×9 baking dish with butter.
- Mix all ingredients except for chocolate chips.
- Then mix in 1/4 cup of chocolate chips.
- Spread the mixture evenly in dish.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup of chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. It is done when toothpick in center comes out clean.
- Let cool on rack and slice into 9 squares.
I like this smoothie because it is easy, filling, healthy and guilt free.
1 cup frozen spinach
1 cup frozen peach slices
3 cups Unsweetened Almond Milk
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1 teaspoon Vanilla
2 tablespoons HEB Stevia blend.
Also, feel free to add any of these to your smoothie; avocado, mint, banana or even kiwi.
A very kid-friendly, healthy recipe. I serve it all by itself, no sides necessary.
1 head cabbage
2 lbs. ground beef (venison)
1/2 tspn. garlic powder
1/2 tspn. salt
1/2 tspn. pepper
32 oz. can tomato sauce
1 sweet onion diced
1/2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tablespoon Sweetener (sugar, stevia)
12 oz. frozen cauliflower
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1. Boil Large Pot of water, enough to cover the cabbage.
2. Saute onions in olive oil until tender.
3. Add tomato sauce, garlic powder, black pepper, salt, Worcestershire sauce and sweetener.
4. Boil cauliflower in water until tender. Drain water, mash in large bowl.
5. Cut cabbage in half. Slice out stem (white part). Boil in water for 7 minutes.
6. Combine ground beef with cauliflower, eggs and 1/2 cup tomato sauce.
7. When cabbage leaves are tender, roll meat mixture into cabbage.
8. Spread a small amount of tomato sauce in bottom of 9 x 13 baking dish. Put rolls in pan.
8. Pour remaining tomato sauce over top. Bake for 1 hour.